Monday, June 19, 2006

Referee Abuse

On-field brawl after player allegedly punches referee

I don't have an awful lot to say about this incident, it's all there in the article. I actually know Cameron, I was his coach during his first year refereeing and he's a really nice guy. It sounds to me like the players involved in this game were getting very carried away.


What I should point out is this was a division 5 club game, supposedly "social" rugby. And yet we have players niggling, taking cheap shots and eventually being sent off.

I would be very disappointed if this player didn't receive a life ban, I would also hope he is charged with assault. This is a blight on our game and should not be excused.

UPDATE: A source has just told me the player in question is currently serving a suspension handed down while playing for another club.

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home