Monday, February 27, 2006

Well the Super 14 has started and that means club rugby isn't far away. With this in mind I've started serious pre-season training. I've been running on and off for a few months, but now it's time to get serious.

I've been doing a circuit that is around 4kms with my wife who is training for a duathlon and some friends. Last Wednesday I went along to referee's fitness training. It was the second session of the year, I'd deliberately missed the first one at New Brighton beach thinking it would be a beach run. It was, and I'm glad I didn't go. Wednesday night's session was a figure 8 run around Hagley Park, about 8kms. Somehow I managed to make it the whole way, although I didn't keep up with the very fit referees. 8kms in 48 minutes was pretty good. On Friday I went out again and did a double park, around 6kms, in 43 minutes. I did run with my wife for the first park and she's a bit slower than me. Now today I did a figure 8 run in 61 minutes. Apparently I've slowed down a lot.

The short term goal now is the run the City to Surf at the end of next month. It's 12kms so I'm going to have to really push myself in the next month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home