Saturday, May 28, 2005

28th May

Two games this Saturday, one as a referee and one as a touch judge. The first game was great fun, I think I did really well. I was at all the breakdowns, ran good lines and communicated well. In fact I really had no problems, except for my tendancy to lose the ball from time to time. I think it's a positioning thing, so I'll have to work on that over the next few weeks. I certainly achieved my goal of increasing my work rate around the in goal. I had a couple of instances where I needed to be in the right spot to make the call, and I was.

The second game as a touch judge was a great game. I really enjoyed watching the action. Unfortunately I had to flag a player for stomping which resulted in a yellow card. I didn't think it was worth a yellow card, but I didn't make that decision. I was able to have a bit of a laugh with one of the players regarding what he perceived as a bad non call. I told him, "I'm not wired" meaning I didn't have any comms gear on. Shortly after when I was behind the posts he said, "Since you guys have flash uniforms I figured you were wired."

On a downside, I think I'm getting tendonitis in my achilles again, hopefully I can live with it, it's uncomfortable now, not painful. I just hope it doesn't get much worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home